St John can meet all of your non-emergency Patient Transport needs in metropolitan Melbourne. St John provides a full range of Patient Transport services across all acuity levels.
Track and Trace function
To deliver best practice Patient Transport, St John has a unique 'Track and Trace' function that allows hospital administrative and operational personnel to monitor the location of St John vehicles in real time through a secure login. The St John Fleet management system uses Global Positioning System (GPS) location tracking to monitor the arrival of the vehicle and the progress of the patient at all times during the transport.
By knowing exactly where their St John vehicle is in real time, St John clients can:
- Coordinate pre-transport patient care 'to the minute' to maximise their preparedness for the journey
- Make the best use of staff time in both preparing and receiving patients
- Ensure that the time of all accompanying personnel is effectively utilised
Total Solution - Technology Enabled
The St John High Acuity Complex Transport Fleet features:
- Syringe drivers for controlled medication
- SPO2 monitoring
- Non-invasive blood pressure monitoring
- As well as standard St John equipment including comprehensive cardiac monitoring and oxygen supplies
Integral to the St John commitment to provide best practice Patient Transport solutions, the St John fleet also utilises state of the art Ambulance stretcher technology.
- A specialist bariatric powerlift stretcher with a lifting capacity of 500kg
- An automated Stryker Power-PRO™ stretcher, with a lifting capacity of 320kg
- Pneumatic hover mats and air jacks for safer and comfortable patient extractions and transfers
- Each St John vehicle also carries a heavy duty Stair Chair with a lifting capacity of 220kg.
St John provides a reliable, professional service to all patients and customers.
Our fleet is staffed by a Medium or High Acuity crew depending on patient needs and acuity level.
St John staff are well-trained experienced Patient Transport professionals.
- High Acuity vehicles are staffed by a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) with extensive experience in caring for critically ill patients.
- All crews remain in contact with the St John Operations & Control Centre.
- All crew members are experienced in the use of all specialist equipment.